I just made these for a party and it was a huge hit! So I'd like to share this recipe with all of you. I actually substituted the walnuts with pecans because that's what we have at home and it turned out great. And if you really like ginger, you can add more than the 3 tablespoons that are recommended in the recipe. I think that's what I am going to do next time because I didn't think the 3 tablespoons were enough the last time I made them. Enjoy! - Evonne
Servings: Makes 1 dozen
INGREDIENTS
1 cup (5 oz) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1/4 lb) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup (3 oz) granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (2 oz) walnuts, finely chopped
1/3 cup (2 oz) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons firmly packed chopped crystallized ginger
Vanilla sugar, optional
DIRECTIONS
Servings: Makes 1 dozen
INGREDIENTS
1 cup (5 oz) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1/4 lb) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup (3 oz) granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (2 oz) walnuts, finely chopped
1/3 cup (2 oz) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons firmly packed chopped crystallized ginger
Vanilla sugar, optional
DIRECTIONS
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. Butter a 9-inch or 10-inch glass pie dish
- In a bowl stir together the flour, cornstarch and salt; set aside
- Combine the butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low, add the flour mixture and mix until beginning to gather together. Then mix in the walnuts, chocolate chips and ginger
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared dish, building up the edges so they reach 1/2 inch up the sides. Using a fork crimp the edges. Using a sharp knife and a ruler as a guide, cut into 12 wedges. Be sure to cut all the way through the dough. Pierce each wedge 3 times with a fork. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar, if desired
- Bake until barely firm to the touch and brown on the edges, about 30 minutes. Transfer the pie dish to a wire rack and recut the wedges. Let the cookies cool. Gently remove from the dish with a knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
No comments:
Post a Comment